in

Noordin Haji set to renew scuffle with Kinoti after throwing DCI under the bus in dramatic case


The drama that has become the life of Court of Appeal Judge, Justice Ole Kantai, has now taken a dramatic twist as he becomes the main center piece in a new brewing war between DPP Noordin Haji and DCI George Kinoti.


Justice Ole Kantai was first thrust into the public limelight after seemingly intimate messages between him and Tob Cohen’s main murder suspect Sarah Wairimu emerged, putting him squarely in the middle of a tragic love triangle, as details of a rumoured torrid love affair between him and the alleged black widow began to emerge.


He was arrested by the police on accusations of being involved in the murder of the slain Dutch tycoon, but the DPP later cleared him, essentially contradicting all that the DCI claimed to have on the Judge. This has now left the DCI at the mercy of a vicious and vengeful Ole Kantai seething with anger.


Court of Appeal judge Sankale ole Kantai has sued the police boss and the Directorate of Criminal Investigations for violation of his rights.
He is accusing the police of malice. Kantai was arrested last year in relation to the murder of businessman Tob Cohen.


The judge, after being subjected to arrest and several summonses, was cleared by Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji, who said there was no evidence to sustain charges against him.


He noted that the manner in which he was arrested and the recent arrests of judges Said Chitembwe and Aggrey Muchelule undermine the Judiciary and erode public confidence in the institution.


‘The ambush and the intimidation that goes on during these arrests are a big threat to the independence of the Judiciary. The actions of the respondent ultimately undermine the public confidence in the judicial process, ” he said.


On February 21, 2020, the DCI officers stormed his residence in six vehicles (some with blaring sirens) and arrested him without cogent reasons.
The officers later informed the judge that he was a suspect in Cohen’s murder and that he would be charged in court. They asked him to record a statement and took his fingerprints.
Subsequently, he was booked at the Muthaiga police station on the night of February 21.


The judge says his phone was confiscated without a court order. The officers analysed data and even printed messages from his phone, which they only returned to him after three months.


This, in itself, amounts to breaching his rights to privacy and denying him the right to use his phone, he says.


For current information about Kenya news curfew, Real estate, credit and other companies offering loans to individuals and small businesses , healthcare and treatment information, always browse Kenyan Report.

KR On Youtube

    What do you think?

    Written by Joshua Wanga

    Puzzling unexpected show of decency from Isaac Mwaura

    Jalang’o’s Statement after Being Linked To Wash Wash (Video)