in

Natembeya shocks the country with display of previously unknown massive powers


Regional Commissioner for the Rift Valley, George Natembeya caused a stir in the entire Civil Service and country at large after he took to the cameras and unleashed heavy powers that weren’t known to be under his domain, and which might end up in the courts.

In what is likely to be perceived as a dress rehearsal for 2022, Natembeya, an officer under the Ministry of Interior announced that he had interdicted several high ranking police officers in Bahati, Nakuru.

Under the 2010 constitution, The Kenya Police Service is an independent institution, free of any influence from the Executive arm of the government, or any other arm.

Among the police officers interdicted were, Geoffrey Mwami, the area DCC, and Bahati OCPD, Benard Wamugunda.

 

In his appointment of County Commissioners, retired president Mwai Kibaki announced that PURSUANT to section 17 of the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution of Kenya, he was thereby setting up the office. It was a controversial move which his critics argued, violated the then new constitution, as it didn’t recognise such structures. The first function of Commissioners under Kibaki’s order is to coordinate security, and speaks nothing of supervising or managing the police service.

With the Pandora’s box now open, it’s interesting to know how far these executive powers can go, and whether Interior Cabinet Secretary Dr. Matiang’I can actually fire police Inspector General, Hillary Mutyambai.

Eight other officers have been suspended over the death of 10 people who had consumed illicit brew in Nakuru.

Those suspended included; Bahati OCPD Bernard Wamugunda, the area chief, OCS Kiugu-ini Solomon Wamaye, sub-chiefs among others.

Speaking to the media on Monday, Rift Valley Regional Commissioner George Natembeya said their suspension takes effect immediately.
“We have done investigations. We will send other officers who will take their place,” Natembeya said.

The interdicted officers will be replaced immediately, he added.
Natembeya said the officers have 21 days to prove that they were not responsible for the death of 10 people.

More than 30 people became ill after taking the poisonous drink, 10, among them a pregnant woman, succumbed.

Nine are still admitted to the Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital while another 16 have been treated and discharged.

Natembeya had talked of a possible methanol poisoning, but the final results will paint a clearer picture.

For current information about Kenya news curfew, Real estate, credit and other companies offering loans to individuals and small businesses , healthcare and treatment information, always browse Kenyan.

KR On Youtube

    What do you think?

    Written by Joshua Wanga

    Mutula Kilonzo issues stern warning to KANU’s Nick Salat

    Main Suspect Behind The Killing Of 4 Kitngela Men Arrested