Fortune Sacco has successfully obtained a court order barring FKF and it’s agents or servants from taking any decision as to demoting them from the NSL pending the hearing and determination of an Application set for 19th January 2023.
As it stands only the merits of their application will be considered vis a vis the opposing arguments.
The court in finding their application worth merit observed that the severity of any action of docking points and or relegation for forfeiting matches has a serious bearing and issued an interim order barring FKF from taking any action pending the hearing and determination of the Application under certificate of urgency.
This latest development further underlies the need to resolve the relegation/promotion mess involving a host of teams.The return of court cases further dents the image of the Federation particularly when adverse orders are consistently issued against it.
We will monitor and update you after the 19.1.2023 when the same comes up for hearing.
Elsewhere, Football Kenya Federation has received confidential reports alleging the involvement of various players and officials in match fixing activities.
In an effort to protect the integrity of the league, in line with the Federation’s zero tolerance
policy on match fixing, the Federation has with immediate effect provisionally suspended the
following individuals pending the investigations of the matter by the FIFA & FKF’s integrity
1) Willis Ochieng Oganyo- Coach-Zetech University
2) Hamidu Kwizera Lucas- former player Zoo FC
3) Vincent Misikhu- Player- former player Zoo FC
4) Sammy Sindani Sabiri- Player-Silibwet Leons FC
5) Michael Idovolo Madoya- Player-former player Nairobi City Stars FC
6) Johnstone Ligare- Player-former player Zoo FC
7) Geoffrey Gichana- Player-Zoo FC
8) Dominic Ouma Okoth- Player-Kericho Rovers FC
9) Isaac Kipyegon- Player- Tusker FC
10) Stanslaus Akiya Munyasa- Player-Silibwet Leons FC
11) William Odunga- Player-Silibwet Leons FC
12) Daniel Kiptoo- former player Zoo FC
13) Brian Lumumba- Player-Zoo FC
14) Du Monde Selenga Mangili- Head Coach- Kericho FC
15) Dennis Monda – Former Player Vihiga United
All FKF members are advised to avoid any form of sporting contact with the aforementioned
individuals during their suspension period.
For current information about Kenya, pandemic regulations, Real estate, credit and other companies offering loans to individuals and small businesses, healthcare and treatment information, always browse Kenyan Report.