Home » “What a shame for Kenyan football” Patrick Aussems shocked in Leopards, Tusker dramatic scene

“What a shame for Kenyan football” Patrick Aussems shocked in Leopards, Tusker dramatic scene

by Paul Nyongesa
0 comment

“What a shame for Kenyan football” Patrick Aussems shocked in Leopards, Tusker dramatic scene

Tusker FC continued with their perfect start to their new season after overcoming AFC Leopards 1-0 in a charged FKF Premier League match played on Sunday at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani.

The Brewers scored their only goal of the game from the spot. Ingwe had a spot kick of their own late on but Nigerian striker Ojo Olaniyi skied his effort.

Referee Omondi had awarded Leopards the penalty after a handball inside the box following Olaniyi’s free-kick but in protest, Tusker players attacked him, forcing the match to be stopped for several minutes as he received treatment from the medics.

And to everyone’s surprise, the referee did not take action against the players who attacked him but proceeded to oversee the penalty which Olaniyi wasted.

“It is now 40 years that I am in professional football and it is the first time that I see a referee being beaten by players and he fails to take action. This is a shame for football here in Kenya,” lamented Aussems who, despite the loss praised his players for their impressive display in the match.

On his part, Tusker’ coach Robert Matano said he was elated to bag maximum points from a tough encounter.

“AFC Leopards played well just like Tusker. We relaxed a bit in the second half giving them the opportunity to dictate the match. We are happy to have emerged winners,” said Matano.

Elsewhere, FC Talanta came from a goal down to edge out Nairobi City Stars 2-1 in their FKF Premier League match day three fixture played on Sunday, December 4, 2022, at the Ruaraka grounds.

In the 1st minute, Nairobi City Stars Peter Opiyo converted from a penalty giving his team an early lead. Nairobi City Stars almost bagged their second game goal in the 18th minute after Vincent Otieno gave a cross to Oliver Maloba, whose goal attempt went wide.

The 36th minute saw FC Talanta’s Winston Song take a free-kick but the ball was kicked out of the danger zone by Nairobi City Stars’ defense. Three minutes later, Dennis Oalo’s attempt to equalize the scores for FC Talanta missed the target, maintaining the scores at 1-0.

In the 42nd minute, FC Talanta’s Erick Lusala took the corner kick but Nairobi City Stars Samuel Kapen headed the ball out of play, closing the halftime scores at 1-0.

After the break, Georson Likonoh attempted to equalize the scores for FC Talanta in the 61st minute however Nairobi City Stars Goalkeeper Elvis Ochoro saved the ball from getting to the back of the net. However, two minutes later, Matthews Oporia leveled the scores for FC Talanta.

Castro Ogendo’s goal gave FC Talanta the lead in the 67th minute. The 76th minute saw Matthews Oporia attempt to bag the third goal for Talanta through a free-kick that was sent out of play by Nairobi City Stars Goalkeeper Elvis Ochoro.

The final whistle sealed the scores at 2-1.

Round Three
Saturday, December 3, 2022
Kenya Police 0-1 Kakamega Homeboyz (Ulinzi Sports Complex, 2 pm)
Ulinzi Stars 1-0 Posta Rangers (Ulinzi Sports Complex, 4 pm)
Nzoia Sugar 1-0 Sofapaka (Sudi Stadium, 3 pm)
Sunday, December 4, 2022
Nairobi City Stars 1-2 FC Talanta (Ruaraka Stadium, 3 pm)
Tusker 1-0 AFC Leopards (Kasarani Stadium, 3 pm)
Bandari 0-1 KCB (Mbaraki Stadium, 3 pm)

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Kenyan Report


Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

Latest News

@2022 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by Kenyan Report ICT

error: Content is protected !!