in

Details about Sonko’s health that has forced him to seek treatment in South Africa

Former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko on Friday, February 26, asked the court to allow him to travel to South Africa to seek an urgently medical attention.

According to Sonko’s doctor, Esther Wekesa, the former Nairobi County boss needs an urgent hip replacement surgery.

Doctor Esther Wekesa revealed through her statement that they have settled on South African doctor, Dr. Robert Van Der Plank for Sonko’s surgery out of his good services. However, they will have to travel to Johannesburg in South Africa for the treatment.

“We have chosen the services of Dr. Robert Van Der Plank from South Africa. His services are highly recommended. Plank, however, cannot travel to the Country at the moment and says that he will review Sonko in Johannesburg,” Wekesa stated.

 Doctor Wekesa also stated that the former Makadara Member of Parliament Sonko had already started developing arthritis.

“Avascular necrosis can lead to severe complications such as bone collapse or even fracture if left untreated,” Dr. Wekesa said.

This comes after Sonko had been taken to the Nairobi Hospital early in February 2021 where he has been receiving treatment.

Sonko had been arrested and was due to face a number of charges including terrorism alongside some of his aides.

Benjamin Odhiambo alias Solo, one of Sonko’s aides  who had also been arrested on terrorism-related accusations, has been released after spending 25 days in custody.

Odhiambo was represented in court by his lawyer John Khaminwa who convinced the court that his client was innocent.

“I’m not a terrorist. I was arrested because the former governor is my friend. I have forgiven all those who wanted to destroy my future,” Odhiambo said.

KR On Youtube

Facebook Comments

What do you think?

Written by Kennedy Omondi

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading…

0

Wamatangi and Otiende Amollo clash over who won the 2017 general elections

KNUT Secretary General Wilson Sossion withdraws teachers’ strike notice